Employee Assistance Program Clinical Counselor - AETNA
Responsible for provision of telephone-based consultation, counseling and informational services to members. Provides one-time or ongoing counseling and lifestyle management services, leveraging the outcomes tools in support of optimal care.62514
Member Support: - Consultation - Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention and related services. - Assesses member’s immediate clinical needs and utilizes appropriate clinical tools to identify and provide services. - Engages members and provides immediate support and assists with coping skills to address ongoing lifestyle management. - Determines appropriate intervention, action steps in dealing with member’s situational concerns including members in crisis. Counseling: - Provides telephone counseling to individuals with a variety of presenting issues including but not limited to mental, emotional, disorders, conditions, addictions, lifestyle management and worklife concerns. - Can consist of individual, joint or family sessions, - Can be stand alone or on-going sessions - Provides clinical services utilizing a variety of advanced clinical assessments, therapeutic interventions and/or models, which supports the level of care and engagement of members and are in alignment with the member’s theory of change. - Uses appropriate and acceptable judgment, clinical theories, knowledge, methods, ethics, and professional use of self to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or biopsychosocial functioning of members. - Provides intensive case management and consultation for clinical risk cases and management referrals. Informational Services: - Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health, substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, and related mental health programs - Assists members with linkage to resources to aid in the alleviation of stressors Team member support: - Collaborates with team of professionals in a way that supports a positive clinical outcome and continuity of care for all members - Interacts with internal and external providers as appropriate to discuss clinical questions and concerns regarding specific cases - Provides consultation to supervisors and other account representatives in order to facilitate appropriate EAP response to employees with performance, attendance, safety, and fitness for duty, critical incidents and other work related problems Compliance with Policies and Regulatory Standards: - Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to enterprise, EAP policies regarding confidentiality. - Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management and regulatory requirements. - Maintains current licensure in good standing, seek professional development and meet all licensure requirements
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence. Ability to meet or work toward requirements for independent professional practice per state regulations; permanent licensure preferred. Exp working with diverse populations Familiarity with brief therapy models and Motivational Interviewing Exp in handling mental health and psychiatric care, family situations, relationship concerns. 1-3 years of EAP, BH or Social Services exp preferred Crisis intervention skills preferred Experience in facilitating patient/client positive behavioral change Call Center experience. Strong computer and literacy skills Maintain current licensure in good standing, meet al licensure requirements within state guidelines and seek professional development Current valid professional licensure to practice pre state regs in one or more: LPC, LMFT, LCSW, LMSW or LPCI or equivalent Masters degree in counseling profession. BL -Spanish preferred
Additional Job Information:
Effective communication, telephonic and organization skills.Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word.Ability to effectively participate in a multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.Proficiency in multi-tasking and utilizing a multi-line phone system.Familiarity with basic terminology and concepts used in employee assistance/human services programs.
Benefits Management - Understanding Clinical Impacts, General Business - Consulting for Solutions, Leadership - Driving a Culture of Compliance
Benefits Management - Encouraging Wellness and Prevention, Benefits Management - Interacting with Medical Professionals, Benefits Management - Maximizing Healthcare Quality
Clinical / Medical - Concurrent review / discharge planning, Clinical / Medical - Direct patient care (hospital, private practice)
Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
0 - 10%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests
To apply for the position:
Posted February 25, 2019
Employee Assistance Program Professional - Broward County
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Employee Assistance Program Professional in the Learning and Development Section of the Human Resources Division.
This position provides the unique opportunity to deliver Employee Assistance on-site. EAP Professionals meet with clients in person. There is also the opportunity to be involved with Organizational Development services such as Management Coaching, Team Building, and application of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Clifton Strengths Finder and Situational Leadership II.
For more information or to apply:
Posted January 14, 2019
Job Title: Employee Assistance Clinical Therapist III
Job ID: 516936
Modesto A. Maidique Campus
Provides assessments, individual consultation and referral services, crisis intervention and problem-resolution focused, short-term counseling services, to a diverse workforce of faculty and staff members, as well as their immediate family members.
- Provides assessment, consultation and referral, crisis intervention and short-term counseling services to a diverse workforce of over 6,000 faculty and staff members, as well as their immediate family members.
- Provides organizational development services to departments in the form of critical incident stress debriefings; bereavement seminars; and conflict resolution sessions.
- Assists the Director in presenting (or may be sole presenter for) training and development programs. Sessions include supervisory training, employee orientations, and presentations on the many topics including: stress management; job burnout; dealing with difficult people; Drug-Free Workplace; HIV/AIDS in the Workplace; conflict resolution, etc. Assists in the development of training materials. Communicate employee assistance benefits to employees at orientation programs and special events.
- Provides responsive intervention for employees in acute crisis situations. Refer the individual to an appropriate resource for problem resolution services.
- Develops and leads time limited psycho-educational groups to employees and/or their families.
- Conducts outreach activities to promote the FIU Office of Employee Assistance (OEA) such as tabling at health fairs, benefit fairs, new employee orientation, new faculty orientation and other university-wide wellness activities.
- Facilitates psycho-educational support groups on a variety of emotional well-being topics, such as grief, parenting, mindfulness, caretaking, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Provides management consultations to supervisors and other institutional leaders, as well as handle mandated employee cases, as directed by Director.
- Maintains files/records and practice within established university, legal and ethical policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development of University wide programs, which function across organizational lines to identify needs/challenges/opportunities for positive impact.
- Assists the Director in the research, design, and implementation of all OEA sponsored programs in concert with DHR.
- Writes, designs, edits and produces print and electronic communications, and assists in the development of on-line programs.
Master's degree in Social Work or related mental health provider discipline and five (5) years of appropriate experience.
Mental Health License - Florida includes:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist or
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Spanish fluency preferred.
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional, Preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years direct clinical and or employee assistance (EAP) experience in a variety of areas, but not limited to, psychotherapy for adults, children, and adolescents; marital and family issues, chemical dependency, grief, and work-related issues. The counselor must be able to assess and provide brief therapy for a wide variety of issues that include relationships, mood imbalances, emotional crises, substance abuse, grief and work stress, among other issues.
$55,000 - $65,000
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process.
In order to be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position, be in good performance standing, and have been continuously employed at the University for at least six months.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
*This posting will close at 12 am of the close date.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If interested contact: Isabel Alfonsin-Vittoria, MS, LMHC, CEAP
Director - Office of Employee Assistance (OEA)- Division of Human Resources
Modesto A. Maidique Campus/ (GL-473)/ Miami, FL 33199
Biscayne Bay Campus/ACII-246B/Miami, FL 33181
Office: 305 348-2469
Fax: 305 348-3903
Posted January 9, 2019
Part time EAP Position at Broward Health
Please click on the link below for more information:
For questions contact:
Lcsw PsyD, Eap Broward Health